Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pappasito's Cantina Sweetness

This place by far is the most sha-mazing tex-mex this side of the Mississippi! (It's not often I have the chance to write/type/say Mississippi) By 'this place' I am refering to Pappasito's Cantina. Located in Atlanta Georgia, and many other locations in Texas, I would offer this company my entire yearly salary to open on in North Carolina. I'm serious!

As mentioned in previous posts, the hubs and I have friends that live in Atlanta. So when we're there visiting Pappasito's is guaranteed stop on our vacay.

Unfortunately, on our last trip there I was so excited to be there, I failed to snap many photos. The most important thing on their menu, in my opinion is BY FAR ... the warm salsa. It is smack yo mama good stuff! And yes I said (intentionally) warm salsa, and when I say warm I mean temperature warm. It's mildly spicy, smokey, and comes with super thin salty chips for dipping. I mean good gosh darn-it I want some now! If they'd let me buy it by the five gallon drum I would.


I've searched high and low on the internet for a copykat recipe. I've even emailed their corporate office with a response back that went a little like, "while we appreciate your interest in our company, Pappasito's salsa recipe is trademark of the company and can not be given out."I can't say I was surprised, but a girl can dream!

I did find a recipe that seems the most true to taste, although I've not tried it ... here.


For dinner I ordered the Pappasito's grill, which was a skewer of mesquite-grilled beef & chicken fajitas, bacon-wrapped shrimp & vegetables with pineapple pico de gallo. Both sides of the plate come with flavored butters for dipping. One butter was a white wine butter that I would've poured over my body and gladly licked off. So good!


... and after all that butter and meat and SALSA someone felt herculean enough to order the tres leches. I'm not really into mushy deserts, like bread puddings, but after one suggestion to try it (and ignoring the 'I'm full' signal from my brain) and dove in for a bit. It was divine. I would eat some right now. Moving on ...

If you're ever in the Atlanta metro area, more specifically near Smyrna, Ga. stop in for a quick bit to eat. The place is amaze balls!

Hey, you may even have the chance to meet a very popular waitress who sings. She too is amaze balls!


No comments:

Post a Comment