Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Raleigh's Bu-ku, J. Betski's, and Birthdays. Oh My!

Mmm K! Let's talk German / Polish and global street food shall we?

Annnnnd we'll start out with my first time visit to J. Betski's. I've heard many things about this place yet had never been. Shocking, but true. As mentioned in previous posts, I'm a sucker for a sausage and pretzel. While J. Betski's didn't have the pretzel they did have spaetzle, which did NOT disappoint.


So artfully plated. Haha! #foodiecomment #germanmacncheese

#germanmacncheese
J. Betski's was good. I'd go back, but only after I've received the weekly paycheck. This place was for me a bit pricy but honestly worth every penny. I stuck with apps and it was the right amount of food for me. Oh, and side note, someone else at dinner that night ordered dessert (no pics to show. Sorry!) ... the Chocolate-Hazelnut Torte with Sea Salt, Caramel and Crispy Bacon and I would've put it down the ol' pants! It was the best thing I've EVER eaten. I was everything I personally would ever want in a desert. Sweet, salty, hazelnut, chocolate and bacon! I mean are they cereal? Seriously people get over there, get a sausage some spaetzle, and for the love of humanity get the torte ... right meow!

Movin' on to Bu-ku ...  the visit was in celebration of a wonderful friends birthday so naturally we turned the night into a girls night in down town raleighwood. Bu-ku was amazing. It's the perfect place for a couple to go on date night, have a few, or a lot, of tapas, good drinks, and I mustn't forget desert. Do you see a theme here? Let's go ...

The menu covered everything from Mexican, sushi, Thai,  Korean, etc. It was glorious! I'm so dramatic!

Menu

Empanadas Picantes

Layered and delicious

Pierogi - beer-braised chicken, almond, butternut squash, muenster, brown butter
 I also had the dark and stormy cocktail with house made ginger beer. It was umm so good! And I can't leave you with out the desert pictures, which i personally didn't order but we all passed around to taste.

Warm Apple Tart almond crust, caramel sauce, cinnamon ice cream

Kahlua and Honey-enhanced Tiramisu  “en vace” with espresso sauce
 The small cup of espresso sauce to the right (above) is intended to be to be poured over the layers when you're ready to dive in. It too was glorious!

And last but by no means least, was the birthday girl's mini cake with salted caramel sauce. It's making my mouth water ...


If you've not already tried these places out, you must! You can thank me later for the suggestion.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment