Thursday, August 22, 2013

Things I'm currently loving

Tufted headboards ... I've always wanted to make one for myself, but never had the time or the man power. Here were some of my inspirations.

Meredith Heron Design

My Bedroom Inspiration - Southliving
I finally gave it a try, after following Dream Book Design's instructions, a trip to Lowe's for supplies, and Joann's for white linen fabric and buttons, this beauty was made.


Obviously I have some painting touch ups to do, but I'm pretty in love with the way this turned out.

I'm also in love with these glass orb light fixtures and wingback chair with nail head trim I found in a furniture store in Atlanta. The light fixture would look amazing in my entry way. I was too scared to look at the price tags, but I'm pretty sure they weren't within my budget.



You know, speaking of wingback chairs, I really love the more modern wingback. The wingback in general is making a comeback, moving away from the stuffy traditional look and I can't get enough of it. The one I found below on overstock is on sale right now and I'd really like for two of them to be mine!


Also while I was in Atlanta a few months back, we made some time to visit the Jonathan Adler store. This man has made his millions in pottery and hilarious home goods. He's even got a line at JCPenny right now. I can't get enough of his loud patterns, bright colors, and play on words. If I could ever find my money tree or hit the lottery I would fill my house to the brim like a hoarder with Jonathan Adler chotchkies.


I mean how fabulous is the boob vase and light fixture ... Umm fab-u-lous! These sleek navy painted wall and white furniture couldn't be more, shall we say, fabulous, and make such a dramatic impact.


 There goes the tufted headboard again ... I just can't get enough.



... Now these 'Hashish' candles embelished with a maple leaf smelled like a mix between tree hugger who's skipped 2 or 3 weeks worth of bathing and patchouli. The candle name made me laugh, the smell made me want to cry!


Enough of 'just can't get enough' favorites. What are you currently loving on right now? And hey, for the love of God, keep it clean.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment